Buds to Flowers
A leaf counting day it was today = many of them.
But, the surprise of the day was finding 6 flowering buds (#’s 4, 6, 8, 11, 12 and 15) on the treated Pepper Plants and no flowering buds on the untreated samples. Although there was one plant (#6) that’s bud was just about to flower.
This could be a direct result of how HydroRush feeds the microbes toward more active microbial populations allowing more of the applied nutrients to be utilized by the plant creating a greater number of Leaf-Sets and Flower-Sites.
In the photo to the left you can easily see 3 flower-sites and 1 early flower on HydroRush Plant #11 (click on it and it gets really big).
As I mentioned yesterday, the real reason I spent so much time at The Garden Spout was I was counting leaf-sets and flower-sites presented in the table below. You can draw your own conclusions from the Summary and the Data.
At tomorrow’s Nutrient Change I’m going to pay attention to the condition of the Nutrient Reservoirs to see if there is a difference in particulate material left behind after a week = Stay tuned…
Above are two images that pretty much summarize my observations today; the HydroRush treated plants (top) are a darker green and tend to be more compact and not as tall and "spindly" as you can see in the untreated plant (bottom).
It was explained to me that "internodular spacing" (distance between leaf stems) is something to watch as the leaves do serve as a function of protecting the plant.
I didn’t take but a couple of measurements and the HydroRush treated plants’ spacing’s were consistently under an inch where the untreated though similar were sometime in excess of an inch between leaf stems.
The following Data illustrates how more active microbial populations allow more of the applied nutrients to be utilized by the plant creating a greater number of Leaf-Sets and Flower-Sites.
Hydroponic Leaf-Set and Flower-Site Data: (02.10.2012)